Long Term Car and Van Rental – Terms and Conditions
By accepting these Terms & Conditions you consent to Gatwick Airport Car Rental applying charges to your credit card account or taking a direct debit payment.
If you do not adhere to the Terms & Conditions regarding Payment, Identification required and Rental Payment Terms when collecting your vehicle our Cancellation Policy will be enforced.
Please note that due to insurance requirements this product is only available to UK Residents.
Upon receipt of your request we will contact you within 1 working day.
Rates include breakdown cover & limited miles. The price shown is per calendar month and excludes VAT. Prices quoted are for use in mainland UK only. Additional charges and mileage restrictions will apply for overseas use. If you wish to take your vehicle overseas, you must contact Gatwick Airport Car Rental in advance so that the appropriate paperwork may be prepared and sent to you.
Vehicles must be covered by fully comprehensive insurance policy and your insurance details must be notified and accepted by Gatwick Airport Car Rental prior to hire. Please advise your Insurer of our need to validate your insurance details with them as the registered keeper of the vehicle.
All vehicles are supplied with a full tank of fuel at the start of the hire. Customers may:-
• return the vehicle full at the end of the rental, or
• return the vehicle part full and be charged for missing fuel at the end of the rental at the locally determined price.
If you decide to cancel your reservation or do not arrive to collect your reserved vehicle on the day and at the time you have reserved it, charges will be made and are explained in these Rental terms.Payment is required by credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express). Please note that if selecting a vehicle from our LUXURYor PRESTIGE range payment by debit card is accepted for all rentals however for the rental of Prestige or Luxury cars, the renter must present the debit card and a valid credit card when picking up the vehicle. Cash, cheque and pre-paid credit cards are not accepted.
A deposit of £500 or one calendar month’s rental charges (whichever the greater amount) will be taken 7 days in advance of the pick up date and refunded at the end of the rental (i.e when vehicle is returned) providing the vehicle is returned full of fuel and undamaged.
Luxury Vehicle Deposits
A non refundable deposit of £500 will apply to all luxury hires in the event of cancellation of the hire request, change of vehicle or change of contract start date by more than 7 days. Providing these alterations do not take place this deposit amount will be fully refunded at the end of the hire, providing no end of contract charges are outstanding.
Will be taken 7 days prior to the start of each calendar month by the credit card or debit card provided.
Should any payment not be available 7 days prior to the start of each calendar month Gatwick Airport Car Rental reserves the right to immediately uplift the vehicle and/or charge a late payment fee of £25 each day until payment is received.
In the event that you return the vehicle earlier than the date originally agreed, no refund will be made.
If you wish to return the vehicle after the time originally specified, you should contact Gatwick Airport Car Rental to agree this. You will be charged for every calendar month or part calendar month that you have the vehicle after the original agreed date and time at the rate specified on the rental agreement.
If you do not arrive to collect your vehicle at the time agreed, and you do not let Gatwick Airport Car Rental know that you are cancelling your hire as below, Gatwick Airport Car Rental will charge your credit/debit card in accordance with the agreement made at the time of confirmation, subject to a maximum amount equivalent to 1 calendar month’s rental charges.
Please note below the policy regarding cancellations or if you do not arrive to collect your rental vehicle (No Show).
If you cancel your Flexifleet reservation less than 7 days before the rental start date you will be charged for the first calendar month. Please note if appropriate I.D., the necessary payment/deposit is not produced at time of pick up or the Terms and Conditions are not adhered to in any way causing the rental not to proceed then this cancellation policy will be enforced.
If you do not arrive to collect your vehicle (no show):Unless you have cancelled your reservation in accordance with the above terms, if you do not collect your vehicle at the date and time a full calendar month’s rental charges will be charged to your credit or debit card.The Gatwick Airport Car Rental location will always hold your rental vehicle available for 4 working hours after the time of the reservation.
When collecting the vehicle, the Lead Driver must present
• a valid driving licence. If old (paper-only) style, official photo ID must also be presented. If new (photocard) style, both parts are required. We cannot accept an expired photocard (see Driving Licences section for further details)
• 2 additional forms of ID to confirm home address. One must be the credit card/bank statement for the credit card/debit card being presented for deposit and additional charges. The other should be a formal document (eg. utilities bill) both must be dated within 8 weeks of date of hire and be original documents
• a credit or debit card in their own name (see section on Rental Payment terms for further details). Payment by debit card is accepted for all rentals however for the rental of Prestige or Luxury cars, the renter must present the debit card and a valid credit card when picking up the vehicle.
• additional drivers must present a valid driving licence (both parts of new UK Licence are required – we cannot accept an expired photocard)
• If you cannot fulfil the stated ID requirements please contact the renting location prior to booking to discuss options.The Lead Driver may be subject to a search with Experian for the purposes of verifying his/her identity. To do so Experian may check the details supplied by the Lead Driver against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. They may also use these details in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes. A record of the search will be retained. By agreeing to the Gatwick Airport Car Rental terms & conditions, you are consenting to this search.
You will have the vehicle for the rental period shown in your Reservation Confirmation. If you do not bring the vehicle back on time, or if you do not contact us and get our agreement to an extension of your rental, you are breaking the conditions of this agreement. We can charge you for every day or part-day you have the vehicle after you should have returned it to us. Until we get the vehicle back we will charge you the daily rate specified on the rental agreement when you collect the vehicle. Gatwick Airport Car Rental reserves the right to changeover any vehicle with reasonable notice of doing so (in most cases this would be 5 days)
You will be asked to sign a Rental Agreement when you collect your hire vehicle.
All complaints should be made in writing to either:
Suite 117 Timberham House World Cargo Centre Gatwick Airport RH6 0EY
Receipt of a complaint will be acknowledged within 1 working day
The Complaint will then be investigated by the Customer Service team and where possible a decision reached. Further information may be required from you to enable the decision making process.
A decision will be communicated to you within 5 working days
If no resolution can be reached you are entitled to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service:
Telephone: 0845 080 1800 or 0300 123 9 123
You will be asked to sign a Rental Agreement when you collect you hire vehicle